That musty “old home” smell can be quite difficult and annoying to get rid of and may even return if you don’t use an effective product. You clean from top to bottom and there is still odor, where does it come from? Even if you just have that ‘lived in’ odor to remove, cleaning may not be the entire answer to odor problems. Damp, musty, wet smells can often be easy to solve, but mold and mildew odor can be the toughest odor to get rid of.

As we all know from numerous media accounts, mold and mildew issues in your home can be very dangerous and even toxic. It is highly important that you locate the source of these odors quickly. Check closets, basements, crawl spaces, laundry rooms and bathrooms first. It’s imperative that you remove the source of the mold and mildew odor before trying to remove the odor itself. Here are a few places to start:

• Plumbing leaks
• Floor drain issues
• Gutter and/or siding problems or leaks
• Inadequate ventilation in kitchens
• Poorly installed bathroom fans
• Faulty or old windows with condensation in the frames
• Dishwasher or washing machine issues
• Old carpet or flooring

Some types of mold can be toxic and should be cleaned by a professional, but most household mold and mildew problems are safe enough to clean on your own. If you see mold and mildew in your home, get all the information you can and read up on the different types of mold at the EPA’s website.

However, you may be surprised to still find lingering mold and mildew odors once you’ve eliminated the source. Closure Clean is perfect to get rid of the mold and mildew odors that stick around because it contains chlorine dioxide, which will eliminate the odor, not just cover it up. Chlorine dioxide works to banish odors by attacking the very cellular makeup of the smell. By oxidizing the odor at the cellular level, breaking the molecular bonds, the active ingredient in Closure Clean eradicates the odor permanently. Contact us today for more information about the odor elimination power of Closure Clean.